The unique NLB Water solution-set is modular yet integrated and consist of highly scalable and industrial robust processes that will be configured according to location-specific needs, pre-defined parameters and for a range of inbound water characteristics. The patent-pending solution can be deployed in two separate phases.
A series of pre-treatment processes that create particle-free, sanitized reuse brine. This includes indirect electrolysis, chemical precipitation, tubular membrane and nano filtration. A portion of the resulting brine stream is used to produce a mixed oxidant biocide required in the sanitizing step of the pre-treatment process, alleviating the need for any 3rd party chemicals.
The optional chemical production module takes advantage of cutting-edge electrodialysis with bipolar membranes to convert purified concentrated brine into commodity chemicals. This ensures that the reusable frac water is partially desalinated (alternatively made into fresh water) and that the residual NaCl volume is used to make valuable chemicals rather than being a disposal problem.
Cost Savings: Reduce transportation and disposal costs of produced water as well as sourcing and trucking costs for inbound frac water.
Stability and Predictability: Secure long-term agreements and stable supply for operations-critical fluids, including frac water, brine and high-volume chemicals.
Environmental: Less trucking and lower reliance on fresh and brackish water sources. There is increased scrutiny from regulators and the public due to the industry’s unsustainable practice of dealing with large volumes of produced water disposal as well as the induced seismic activity linked to SWD´s in certain areas. Limiting deep well injection will benefit operators and is the only sustainable long-term option.
Additional Key Benefits Include
- Lowers future need for controversial re-injection wells and frees up SWD capacity.
- Reduces wastewater transportation costs given proximal location of the treatment facilities to the producing wells.
- Eliminates contingent waste water liabilities, including surety bonds to cover for possible future leaking injection wells.
- Ensures oil & gas companies access to certain volumes of clean frac water at pre-agreed cost levels – long-term.
- Customized frac water can be generated (specific NaCl level, hardness and pH value) ready for use by reservoir and fluid engineers.
- Capable of generating fresh water, including irrigation water for use by the local community where permitted.
- Production of chemicals on-site lowers transportation costs of hazardous materials and minimizes chemical blending requirements.
- 15% HCL and 25% NaOH to be NSF Certified and ANSI Standard 60 compliant – suitable for drinking water treatment.
- Lower total processing costs relative to alternative filtering and treatment technologies.
- ZERO LIQUID DISCHARGE